Activities near Clarens
In Clarens you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to what to do. From extreme sports to sedate ambling through the art galleries, there is something for everyone, including:
- Art Courses - Learn how to paint with expert tuition from several local artists
- Bird Watching - wherever you look
- Cycling - great training routes in the vicinity of Clarens and spectacular mountain bike trails through the Clarens Village Conservancy
- Eco Quad Biking through farm lands, along mountain trails or in the Golden Gate National Park
- Fly Fishing - Several nearby dams to choose from
- Golf on the 18 hole Clarens Golf & Trout Estate
- Horse riding trails through the majestic country side
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Running - The area around Clarens offers excellent high altitude undulating conditions for marathon training.
- Walking along the village lanes or along the trails in the Clarens Village Conservancy
- White Water Rafting - rated amongst the best white water in South Africa
And don’t forget to visit Clarens Xtreme for a variety of fun activities like zip lining and rock wall climbing.